Responsible for assisting the Terminal Manager in the operation of the warehouse, inventory and safe practices. The Warehouse Associate reports directly to the Terminal Manager. This role has dual driving and warehouse duties.
THIS IS A DIRECT PLACEMENT EMPLOYMENT
- Responsible to log inventory and inspect each inventoried tank and valves for signs of leakage.
- Must Inspect all pumps at loading and unloading areas for leaks.
- Ensure all trash receptacles are empty and do not contain combustible material.
- Ensuring that all loading and unloading areas should be clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Ensuring all bulk-in containers’ (buckets, drums, etc.) products are properly refilled and stacked in a safe manner.
- Used and Empty Drum Staging Area should be maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- New Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Full and or Empty, Used Filter Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Ensure warehouse floor is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Must perform maintenance on all pump gear boxes in the loading and unloading areas; Oil should be changed every six (6) months with non-detergent 30 weight, or with Chevron Tegra Synthetic ISO 150 (recommended by pump supplier –Blackmer).
- Must maintain and service air compressors to manufacturer’s specifications and requirements.
- Ensure all tanks should be maintained, capped/sealed to prevent the accumulation of moisture.
- Ensure all tanks in the New Tank Staging area to be delivered to our customers must be inspected inside and out, proper decals and placards applied.
- Inspect used tanks that are brought in from the field for holes, dents, or cracks.
- Inspect used tanks brought in from the field for possible leaks by dispensing 5-10 gallons of off-road diesel and rolled slowly on the ground to determine possible leaks.
- Drain, paint and dress (proper decaling) used tanks passing inspection and stage in the proper staging area.
- Inspect tank stands for possible damaged legs, bracing, cracks or broken welds.
- Clean and paint stands passing inspection before being placed in the proper Staging Area.
- Sample and obtain approval of any product being delivered from an outside carrier before offloading.
- Properly utilizing, maintain and operating a Forklift in a safe manner.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class A CDL with HAZMAT required.
- 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- Available to fill in as a driver.
- Training of new drivers as to where to pick up product or drop product off.
- Certification and ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack, drum truck and pumps.
- 8-hour HAZWOPER training with re-certification annually.
- Work with Terminal Manager in the organization of the warehouse and yard.
- Work with Terminal Manager in inventory control of the warehouse and yard.
- Inspect utility trailer and wheel bearings.
- Notify the Terminal Manager of inventory levels.
- Notify Terminal Manager of any unsafe equipment, unsafe procedures/practices or any situation which will jeopardize the safety, control of company assets; any issue that could become a liability, and/or a violation of company policy.
- Participate in any other related task or activity which management determines his/her skills would be useful or needed.
- Promotes Company and Safety Philosophies, Policies and Procedures.
- Familiar with equipment (i.e. bobtail, transport, frac, and storage tanks).
- Flexible work-week and have reliable transportation.
- Organized, ability to manage time, work with minimal direction, and have the ability to multi-task, willing to accept more responsibility, as needed
- Some mechanical skills and/or knowledge.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick.
- Ability to physically be able to lift up to 80 lbs frequently.
- Ability to physically be able to push/pull up to 150 lbs frequently.
- Ability to physically be able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to physically be able to climb a 10′ ladder.
- Ability to work in and around chemicals and fuels.
- Ability to physically be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend, conduct work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, wind and temperatures ranging from 10 to 100 degrees+.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Galaxy Employment LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.