Job Type: Direct Job Placement
Under the direction of the Mine Supervisor, responsible for the daily operation of a road haul truck in an active mine environment.
There are two types of Class A Truck Driver for Ore
Ore Haul Driver
Ore Haul Driver Trainee (open to new grads)
- Pay: PBL, up to $400 daily average; $30.00 PTO Rate. Specific pay structures/rates may be disclosed during the interview process.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Schedule: 5/2 work schedule. 5 days on and 2 days off. or 3/1 work schedule, 3 weeks on 1 week off.
- Ability to work and pre-trip in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts (subject to change)
- Incentives: $10,000 Retention Bonus, $3,000 Relocation Assistance with 60 Days of free housing (To qualify candidate must live 75+ miles from the terminal address and agree to move 1-2 weeks after orientation)
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license required.
- Doubles/Triples required.
- 1 year of driving experience within the last 3 years.
- Ore Haul Driver Trainee: 6 months of driving experience or a valid truck certificate (in lieu of 1 year of driving)
- Review of current 1 and/or 2-year medical card. Willing to accept documents administered within the last 6 months from the date of application.
- Ability to pass DOT/FMCSA pre-employment screenings including by not limited to a drug test(s), Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Criminal Background, Inspection Report (PSP), FMCSA Clearinghouse, and CMV road test. All screenings are reviewed and evaluated against our hiring minimum guidelines to determine eligibility. Ask a recruiter for details!
- Ability to drive the truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to have excellent safety awareness and ethics
- Per the FMCSA, drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) operating in interstate commerce are required to be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours including day and night shifts.
- Ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift 50 to 100 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: Up to $400.00 per day
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
Trucking driver type:
- Company driver
Trucking home time:
- Home daily
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Required)
- Doubles/Triples Endorsement (Required)
Work Location: On the road
For more information contact our recruitment team at (702) 268-8022 or visit our website for other positions available at http://www.galaxyemployment.net.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
You must be logged in to post a comment.