Galaxy Employment is currently assisting one of our clients in finding a Class A truck Driver (ORE) in Carlin, NV. If one or more of the following below describes you contact our recruitment team today!
Under the direction of the Mine Supervisor, responsible for the daily operation of a road haul truck in an active mine environment.
There are two types of Class A Truck Driver for Ore:
Ore Haul Driver
Ore Haul Driver Trainee (open to new grads)
- Pay: PBL, up to $400 daily average; $30.00 PTO Rate. Specific pay structures/rates may be disclosed during the interview process.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Schedule: 5/2 work schedule. 5 days on and 2 days off. or 3/1 work schedule, 3 weeks on 1 week off.
- Ability to work and pre-trip in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts (subject to change)
- Incentives: $3,500 Retention Bonus, $2,000 Relocation Assistance (To qualify candidate must live 75+ miles from the terminal address and agree to move 1-2 weeks after orientation); 60 days of complimentary housing at local hotel assigned by management.
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license required.
- Doubles/Triples required.
- 1 year of driving experience within the last 3 years.
- Ore Haul DriverTrainee: 6 months of driving experience or a valid truck certificate (in lieu of 1 year of driving).
- Review of current 1 and/or 2-year medical card. Willing to accept documents administered within the last 6 months from the date of application.
- Ability to pass DOT/FMCSA pre-employment screenings including by not limited to a drug test(s), Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Criminal Background, Inspection Report (PSP), FMCSA Clearinghouse, and CMV road test. All screenings are reviewed and evaluated against our hiring minimum guidelines to determine eligibility. Ask a recruiter for details!
- Ability to drive the truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to have excellent safety awareness and ethics
- Per the FMCSA, drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) operating in interstate commerce are required to be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours including day and night shifts.
- Ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift 50 to 100 lbs.
Contact our recruitment team today for job openings in your area! (775) 800-3301.