This is a direct hire placement position located in Las Vegas, NV.
Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle cargo tank while safely transporting hazardous material to and from locations.
- Pay: PBL; PTO Rate $24.00
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Schedule: Night Shift
- Ability to work and pre-trip in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts (subject to change)
- Incentives: $2,000 Retention Bonus, $2,000 Relocation Assistance (To qualify candidate must live 75+ miles from the terminal address and agree to move 1-2 weeks after orientation)
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license required
- Tanker and Hazmat Required
- 1 year of driving experience (minimum within a Class B CMV) within the last 3 years
- Review of current of a 1 and/or 2 year medical card and physical long forms. Willing to accept a documents administered within the last 6 months from date of apply.
- Ability to pass DOT/FMCSA pre-employment screenings included by not limited to drug test(s), Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Criminal Background, Inspection Report (PSP), FMCSA Clearinghouse, and CMV road test. All screenings are reviewed and evaluated against our hiring minimum guidelines to determine eligibility.
- Ability to drive truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to have excellent safety awareness and ethics
- Per the FMCSA, drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) operating in interstate commerce are required to be able to “read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting lubricant and other industry products.
- Maneuver 55-gallon drums; Lift and carry boxes.