Medical- Billing Coordinator
Galaxy Employment is assisting Billing Coordinators in the Medical industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of patient care and recreation in long-term care settings.
- Preparing and submitting billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensuring the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Preparing bills and invoices, and documenting amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collecting and reviewing referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitoring and recording late payments.
- Following up on missed payments and resolving financial discrepancies.
- Examining patient bills for accuracy and requesting any missing information.
- Investigating and appealing denied claims.
- Helping patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintaining billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain fingerprint clearance card
- Associate’s Degree or better in Medical Billing
- 2 + years customer service experience
- 2 + years experience in medical billing
- Solid understanding of insurances (including Medicaid and Medicare)
- First Aid and CPR training and active certification
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and multitask in fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills (compassionate and friendly personality)
- Teamwork mindset
- Be able to stand, sit, stoop, walk 75% or more of the work day.
- Lift 20-30 lbs. (more with mechanical assistance).
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net