Galaxy Employment is assisting Mechanical Design Engineers in the Logistics industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of warehouse operations.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and
- conducting research programs, and by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics,
- hydraulics, heat transfer and materials engineering.
- Designs parts, components, and assemblies to meet requirements of assigned projects.
- Creates CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) to
- support manufacturing, testing and assembly, and support components to assist with assembly.
- · Works with senior and fellow engineers in the US and abroad to develop alternatives and
- options for further development of projects and products.
- · Supports product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process.
- · Provides technical and engineering support for day-to-day processing, product development
- and process improvements.
- · Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and
- · Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating,
- building, assembling, and installing components.
- · Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and
- system capabilities, and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- · Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- · Participates in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, and codes.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18+ years of age
- Bachelor of Science or higher, or Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of CAD modeling, drawings, and machine design with experience in design analyses.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes including turning, milling, and welding.
- Experience with CAM software is a plus
- Hands on experience with bearings design, turbo-machinery and heat exchangers is a plus
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Be able to sit, climb, crouch, lift 85% or more of the work day
- Lift 25 lbs. occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net