Galaxy Employment is assisting Long-Term Care Transport Drivers in the Medical industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of safely transporting patients in long-term care settings.
- Operating the facility’s transport bus in a safe manner; ensuring the bus is clean with a full tank of gas each day. Alerting the facility administrator when the vehicle needs to be serviced, inspected and registration renewed.
- Coordinating with Nursing residents’ appointments for the next day to ensure residents are ready for their pickup time as well as to ensure the schedule and routes are confirmed eliminating conflicts to avoid missed appointments.
- Greeting the resident at their nursing unit, assisting them on/off the bus and into/out of physicians’ offices, etc.
- Being always friendly and professional; interacts well with residents, care providers and co-workers. Understands they represent the facility and always demonstrates integrity and a positive outlook.
- Working some holidays, weekend days and additional hours based on the facility’s needs. Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Follow safety regulations, report injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain fingerprint clearance card
- NV Driver’s license active and in good standing, with passenger endorsement
- 2 + years customer service experience
- 3 + years previous experience as a passenger driver, with handicap passenger experience
- First Aid and CPR training and active certification
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and multitask in fast-paced environment
- Teamwork mindset
- Be able to stand, sit, stoop, walk 75% or more of the work day.
- Lift 20-30 lbs. (Assist patients in and out of vehicle, lift wheelchairs if necessary)
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net