The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the Employees Employment Program, communicate with client’s hiring managers, oversee Time & Attendance System, and assist with payroll processing for employees. The HR/Payroll Specialist Assistant will operate in a team environment, working under tight deadlines, with confidentiality and discretion to be maintained at all times. This position will provide high-level administrative support and enhance the effectiveness of Human Resources, with specific responsibility for administrative functions such as organizational planning, time management, assisting with key projects, preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating projects that may involve personnel at all levels of the organization. Ultimately, you will play an important part in building a strong employer brand for our company to ensure we attract, hire, and retain the most qualified employees.
- Coordinate the recruitment, hiring and payroll procedures for employees (including I-9 verification and collection of all other Payroll forms).
- Responsible for the daily Time & Attendance system
- Oversee timecard processing, including reviewing and editing hourly staff and electronic timecards
- Develop Time & Attendance system training materials and conduct training for users and supervisors
- Publish/maintain Employment handbook and Tax changes
- Maintain Employment website
- Perform required maintenance to Time Clocks, as directed by ITS Data Support Specialist
- Maintain job descriptions
- Instruct employees to complete necessary employment paperwork, and file and staff employment forms, weekly
- Apply employment policies, working with higher management determine to eligibility for employment
- Gather/Maintain hiring analysis data
- Cross train and provide back up support to Payroll and Recruiter’s assistance in all aspects of staff payroll/recruitment processing
- Stuff, seal, sort, and distribute Facilities Management, direct deposit statements
- Distribute W-2’s to all employees
- Responsible for tracking hourly sick leave, vacation, and personal time
- Maintain payroll forms
- Enter staff log sheets in the systems
- Review salary batch
- Draft written communication materials for team as required.
- Inactivate Employees in system
- Input data into payroll system for all payroll matters as requested
- Email employees to complete forms
- Enter Temporary Employee Timecards and create batch
- Collaborate with client’s hiring managers to identify future hiring needs
- Collaborate with Recruitment team to ensure hiring process is going smooth
- Prepare and schedule interview meetings for client’s hiring manager
- Send job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits
- Manages the HR’s workload and requests; reading, researching, prioritizing, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications
- Routinely produces and revises documents by collecting information, transcribing, formatting, editing, or retrieving from files, and proofreads copies for distribution.
- Prepares and edits slide presentations for various meetings
- Performs clerical duties, such as opening, sorting, and distributing mail, copying, scanning, filing, and shredding
- Types correspondence, including memos, letters, and creating flyers
- Reconcile invoices and submit for signature authorizations.
- Orders office supplies, copy paper, letterhead, and envelopes for the Offices
- Process incoming invoices (write proper account number on invoice, get proper signature, send to Accounts Payable)
- the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree preferred with three years of office experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous HR experience in an employment agency is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written communication skills (i.e. business letter writing, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication skills (i.e. ability to deal effectively with others; speak professionally on the phone, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft® Office Suite
- Regularly required to remain seated in a normal position for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand for long periods of time
- Regularly required to walk about
- Regularly required to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Regularly required to maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Occasionally required to reach up and out with hands and arms
- Regularly required to talk and hear; verbally express information or instructions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp objects, type, pick up objects, move objects, or hold objects
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry a distance of 10 feet
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds a distance of 10 feet
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The individual is regularly exposed to indoor conditions and moderate noise level; the individual is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather and temperature extremes.
Galaxy Employment is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.