Galaxy Employment is assisting Hotel Bakers in the Hospitality industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of food preparation and service.
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Develops new products for a la carte or menus on a rotating basis.
- Decorates baked goods, such as cream pies, using a pastry bag.
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the outlet or function.
- Utilizes all leftovers into usable products.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment including ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Science or related field preferred
- Current Food Handlers Certification card
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a sanitation course within the past year
- 5 + years experience in an active cooking role
- 5 + years experience in customer service
- Teamwork mindset
- Be able to stand, walk, stoop 75% or more of the work day.
- Lift 40-50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net