Galaxy Employment is assisting Carpenters (Engineers) in the Hospitality industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of hotel furniture, cabinetry, and other building maintenance.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in person and over the phone when dealing with management, Employees, and guests.
- Stain-grade, trim work, hang doors, drill, and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters etc.
- Read blueprints, mathematical and analytical skills are necessary to do material estimates.
- Maintains general mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to work with carpentry tools and materials.
- Should be able to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs. as and when required.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the carpentry trade as well as repair and maintenance of the property.
- Always keep the work area clean and well organized.
- Climbs ladders to reach raised areas and works from scaffolding.
- Operates various types of woodworking machines and electrical hand tools.
- Maintains physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other employees.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set for each task.
- Repair and replace items such as furniture, wall coverings, acoustical ceiling panels, gypsum board, masonry, or any other miscellaneous tasks such as wooden polishing etc.
- Designs, cuts, build and assemble wooden parts or furniture as requested.
- Assemble and set prefabricated pieces.
- Repairs and rebuilds various objects in wood, cardboard, PVC, etc.
- Assemble, disassemble, and repair hydraulic locking arms, locks, boards, doors, furniture, wooden shelves.
- Installs coating montages on doors, frames, and desks.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform the job functions.
- Assist housekeeping and engineering staffs during room preventive maintenance.
- Keep track of repairs made or areas that need more attention.
- Keep communication open between guests, management, and service tasks.
- Report to management on major repairs and items that can’t be repaired for further action.
- Perform general maintenance work or other tasks assigned by management.
- Comply with the General Regulations Employee Manual and other policies and procedures to ensure the safety and efficiency of the operation of the Hotel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of technical school in the art of carpentry or 3 + years equivalent experience
- 2 + years customer service experience
- Working knowledge of hospitality field
- Be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, carry items 75% or more of the work day.
- Be subject to weather elements when working outside, to include heat, rain, wind, etc.
- Lift 30-50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net