Responsible for maintaining the trucks and facilities and coordinating all required repairs. They must own a mechanic’s tool set, capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine and be willing to expand personal tools.
Direct Hire Placement
- Pay: Specific pay structures/rates may be disclosed during the interview process.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Schedule: Specific details will be disclosed during the interview process.
- Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform the job (i.e., bulbs, gloves, fittings, etc.).
- Evaluates poor running trucks and ensures proper diagnosis and repair.
- Provide regular maintenance of fleet equipment and facilities.
- Review vehicle inspection reports and ensure all repairs are made to DOT and Company standards.
- Perform all required DOT and CHP services and inspections; keep up-to-date truck files and ensure that the Company is in regulatory compliance.
- Keep fleet in compliance with all DOT and CHP regulations.
- Ensure that trucks are always in a safe operating condition.
- 2-5 years of experience in the heavy duty truck industry, diesel engine experience and hydraulics preferred; experience with fluid pumping and metering systems a plus.
- Must own a mechanic’s tool set capable of supporting heavy duty truck fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine and be willing to expand personal tools.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues with and without diagnostic equipment.
- Must own a mechanical tool set sufficient for heavy duty truck maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals, assembly and wiring diagrams, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures, estimates, perform measurements, conversions, find areas, circumference, volumes, and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Basic understanding of: internal combustion engines (both gas and diesel), DC electrical systems, air systems, brakes/suspension systems, heavy trucks/automotive, tires, welding techniques, fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent time management skills and ability to
- prioritize repair events.
- Basic computer skills including: data entry of job times, repair event write ups,
- diagnostic programs, internet, and email.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Heavy physical effort (up to 100 lbs).
- Hearing, talking, walking, periods of prolonged standing, sitting or crouching.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carlin, NV 89822: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Diesel engine repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location