Type: Direct Job Placement
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principles of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle straight trucks loaded with totes and barrels while safely transporting lubricants and other industry material to and from locations.
- Pay: PBL (Pay by Load); Specific pay structures/rates may be disclosed during the interview process.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Schedule: 5/2 – 5/3 Work Schedule; 5 days on, 2 days off / 5 days on, 3 days off. ****Nights and weekends are required****
- Ability to work and pre-trip in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts (subject to change).
- Incentives: $4,000 Retention Bonus.
- Relocation Assistance: $3,000 plus 60 day Free Housing. (To qualify candidate must live 75+ miles from the terminal address and agree to move 1-2 weeks after orientation)
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license required
- Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement required
- Doubles / Triples Endorsement Required
- 1 year of driving experience within the last 3 years
- Liquid hauling experience preferred
- Fuel RAC certification or carded preferred
- Review of current 1 and/or 2-year medical card. Willing to accept documents administered within the last 6 months from the date of application.
- Ability to pass DOT/FMCSA pre-employment screenings including by not limited to a drug test(s), Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Criminal Background, Inspection Report (PSP), FMCSA Clearinghouse, and CMV road test. All screenings are reviewed and evaluated against our hiring minimum guidelines to determine eligibility. Ask a recruiter for details!
- Ability to drive trucks off-road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to have excellent safety awareness and ethics
- Per the FMCSA, drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) operating in interstate commerce are required to be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting hazardous materials such as gasoline and diesel fuel.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Galaxy Employment LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.