Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle cargo tank while safely transporting hazardous material to and from locations.
**$2000.00 Retention Sign Bonus is available.
**Contact us to learn more!!”
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations.
- Properly load and unload, handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses.
- Operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck.
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools.
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required.
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class A commercial driver’s license required.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsements required.
- Review of current 1 year DOT medical card and physical long forms.
- 1 years driving experience in Class A vehicle.
- 24 hour Hazwoper to meet the requirements of 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 and Washington Administration Code (WAC) 173-180.
- Training and certification required under WAC 173-180.
- DOT 49 CFR 171-180 training.
- Minimum 48 hours of Oil Transfer Operations.
- Notice to the USCG Captain of the Port and the Department of Ecology of their status as PIC. This ue to making transfers/deliveries over water.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle.
- Ability to work with sections of hose that may exceed 20′ in length, measures 4′ in diameter, and lift as much as 50lbs occasionally. We layout up to 300′ of hose.
- Ability to couple hoses to connect and disconnect hoses.
- Ability to drive truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy conditions.
- Ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and in truck driving test.
- No sponsorship or relocation is available.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to pass DOT pre-employment screenings including but not limited to DOT drug test, MVR,physical, Background, Inspection Report, Clearinghouse, and CMV road test.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting hazardous materials such as gasoline and diesel fuel.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Galaxy Employment LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.