Galaxy Employment is currently assisting one of our clients in finding qualified Class A Truck Drivers. If one or more of the following below describes you contact our recruitment team today!
Are you a highly accountable team player?
Consistent and someone who likes to follow a routine or checklist?
Factual and informative when communicating?
Precise, thorough, and exacting in your work product?
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day & Night
Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle cargo tank while safely transporting hazardous material to and from locations. This position has Day and Night openings.
- Pay: PBL, (Pay by Load) rate of pay. Specific pay structures/rates may be disclosed during the interview process.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Schedule: 5/2 work schedule. 5 days on and 2 days off [Day and Night Shifts available]
- Ability to work and pre-trip in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts (subject to change)
- Incentives: $6,000 Retention Bonus, $2,000 Relocation Assistance (To qualify candidate must live 75+ miles from the terminal address and agree to move 1-2 weeks after orientation)
- Candidates can also live in Ely, NV; Battle Mountain, NV; Reno, NV, and Salt Lake City, UT – due to current delivery routes!
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license required.
- Tanker , HazMat, and Doubles/Triples Endorsements required.
- 1-year driving experience in Class A vehicle, with liquid hauling experience, and pulling double/triples in the last 3 years required.
- Review of current 1 and/or 2-year medical card. Willing to accept documents administered within the last 6 months from the date of application.
- Ability to pass DOT/FMCSA pre-employment screenings including by not limited to a drug test(s), Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Criminal Background, Inspection Report (PSP), FMCSA Clearinghouse, and CMV road test. All screenings are reviewed and evaluated against our hiring minimum guidelines to determine eligibility. Ask a recruiter for details!
- Ability to drive the truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to have excellent safety awareness and ethics
- Per the FMCSA, drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) operating in interstate commerce are required to be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting hazardous materials such as gasoline and diesel fuel.
For more information contact our recruitment team! (775) 800-3301.