Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle straight truck loaded with totes and barrels while safely transporting lubricants and other industry material to and from locations.
**$2000.00 Retention Sign Bonus OR Relocation Assistance is available for those willing to move to the Salt Lake City, UT. You must currently reside 75+ miles from the terminal address for relocation assistance.
THIS IS A DIRECT PLACEMENT EMPLOYMENT
**Contact us to learn more!!”
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations.
- Properly load and unload; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses.
- Operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck.
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools.
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required.
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class B commercial driver’s license required.
- 1 years driving experience in Class B vehicle in the last 3 years.
- Tanker and hazmat endorsement.
- Current review of 1 to 2 year medical card and physical long forms.
- Must have the ability to work with sections of hose that may exceed 40′ in length, measures 1.5′ in diameter, and lift as much as 50lbs occasionally.
- Must have the ability to couple hoses to connect and disconnect hoses.
- Must have the ability to work in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts.
- Must have the ability to drive truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Must have the ability to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy conditions
- Must have the ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Must have the ability to pass DOT pre-employment screenings including but not limited to DOT drug test, MVR,physical, Background, Inspection Report, Clearinghouse, and CMV road test
- Must have the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Must have the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Must have the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have the ability to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Must have the ability to frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Must have flexibility on schedule as extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Must have the ability to safely lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- Must have the ability to work under extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds) if required.
- Remote locations.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting lubricant and other industry products.
- Must have the ability to maneuver 55 gallon drums; lift and carry boxes.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Galaxy Employment LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.