Galaxy Employment is assisting Activity Aides in the Medical industry in Las Vegas, NV and connecting them with the biggest employers around the world.
Responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with accepted principals of patient care and recreation in long-term care settings.
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Implementing activities that accommodate those with special needs.
- Handling logistics to make the event possible, such as making phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training and motivating volunteers or employees, and coordinating transportation.
- Observing participants at events gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events.
- Keeping records regarding event planning resources, participant interest, and other notable information, such as injuries or behavioral incidents.
- Reporting medical concerns or observations.
- Ensuring that events are well-provisioned, the event staff is trained and prepared, and that the event takes place on time and within budget.
- Providing participants with instructions for the event.
- Adhering to and enforcing all safety procedures.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain fingerprint clearance card
- 2 + years customer service experience
- First Aid and CPR training and active certification
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and multitask in fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills (compassionate and friendly personality)
- Teamwork mindset
- Be able to stand, sit, stoop, walk 75% or more of the work day.
- Lift 20-30 lbs. (more with mechanical assistance).
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Galaxy Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, creed, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S as we participate in E-Verify.
APPLY TODAY WITH GALAXY EMPLOYMENT LLC WE HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT POSITION WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. To learn more about available positions visit us at http://www.galaxyemployment.net